The student representatives committee is an important resource for all IHR students. It provides a vehicle for discussion with staff on issues affecting the student community including facilities, teaching, assessment and resources.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
- To provide an opportunity for both students and staff to discuss matters of common concern which relate to postgraduate education at the Institute such as individual programmes of study, methods of assessment, teaching, facilities etc.
- To advise the Higher and Research Degrees Committee and the Director of the Institute on matters related to the management of postgraduate programmes and general provision of facilities.
- The Committee will normally meet once each term.
- Extraordinary meetings shall be called for matters that require urgent attention. This shall be at the discretion of the Chair of the Committee.
- Agendas and Minutes of meetings will be made available to students on request.
MEMBERSHIP IN 2014-15
Director of the IHR (Chair)
Directors of Masters programmes
Mark Merry (Historical Research)
One research supervisor
Administrators of Masters programmes
Victoria Davis (PhD)