IHR Digital offers a range of digitisation, consultancy and hosting services. Our unique position within Higher Education history and the technical and academic skills of our team mean that we are ideally placed to offer bespoke digital services to the academic history community, and to develop resources for historians. Our services include:
- Digital consultancy to historians on all aspects of the digitisation and web development process
- Publishing datasets in a web-friendly way
- Web design, development and hosting from a small history organisation's website to large-scale digitisation projects*
- Bibliographic data: the Bibliography of British and Irish History; new historical books and articles listings
- Data about history within the UK HE sector: teaching and research
- Podcasting of history seminars and lectures
- Research training.
- Web hosting starts from only £300/year + 0.5days setup cost
- Our fee for any setup, design and digitisation or development work starts at £340/day
- We can register/transfer your own domain for £50/year.
The basic website
- We use the open source Drupal Content Management System, which allows you to edit and create your own web content
- Initial training will be provided, to get you up and running
- An IHR Digital hosting logo will be placed somewhere unobtrusive on smaller sites.
For advanced research and development
- Please get in touch. We would love to discuss your requirements for more complex sites and projects
- All work estimates will be based on initial discussions regarding your requirements, and costed at our day rate above.
- Find out about the British History Online digitisation process. This information service aims to support all those interested in the electronic publication of historical resources and, in particular, those planning a digitisation project.
* Projects and organisations will usually be in the higher education, record society or heritage sectors, and have a focus on history.
Since the Ecclesiastical History Society's website has been hosted by the IHR we have been very pleased with the service received. Our questions have been answered promptly and helpfully, and the site works far more efficiently than it ever did previously. As a result, the site is much more useful and we look forward to developing it further.Dr. Tim Grass, Ecclesiastical History Society