The Medieval Stained Glass of St Peter Mancroft, Norwich
This volume provides a definitive and fully illustrated catalogue of the finest surviving collection of medieval stained glass in fifteenth-century Norfolk, a county distinguished for this art form. St Peter Mancroft was the most important parish church in Norwich, which was itself one of the most important cities in late medieval England. The catalogue reconstructs the original glazing of the church, relating it to its urban context and to other glass in East Anglia. Including documentary evidence for all recorded Norwich glaziers from 1400, this volume is the fruit of a lifetime's study in the Norwich archives by the foremost authority on the subject.