Spaniards in the Colonial Empire
Creoles vs. Peninsulars?
Date published:December 2012
Spaniards in the Colonial Empire traces the privileges, prejudices, and conflicts between American-born and European-born Spaniards, within the Spanish colonies in the Americas from the sixteenth to early nineteenth centuries.
- Geographical area›Europe
- Geographical area›Latin America and West Indies
- Geographical area›North America
- History type›Imperial and colonial
- History type›International history
- History type›Population›Ethnic and migration history
- History type›Social history
- Time period›16th Century
- Time period›16th-17th Century
- Time period›17th Century
- Time period›18th Century
- Time period›18th-19th Century