This ninth issue of History in Focus looks at 'The Sea' and the historical resources available to study it. To find issues on other topics, go to our home page.
In this issue:
- articles: ten original articles on the theme of 'Lives shaped by the sea'. If you would like to add to the discussion, you can send your own article. See the articles page for details.
- websites: hand-chosen websites relating to 'The Sea', reviewed by the In Focus editorial team.
- book reviews: reviews of major books.
- review article: by Dr Roger Morriss of five recent biographical studies of Nelson.
- bibliography: key books on the subject of the sea in a historical context, listed by publisher, with book summaries and links to publishers' pages.
- research: a list of PhD theses, as well as university teachers with an interest in the sea.
- more resources: a guide to museums, libraries and archives.
Don't forget: you can jump to other issues of in Focus by using the menu on the top right of the page.