The fourth issue of History in Focus presents resources which consider the subject of War in its various manifestations across centuries and continents. The way we interpret war via the material objects left behind is addressed in a well considered foreword contributed by Nicholas J. Saunders (University College, London) and Paul Cornish (Imperial War Museum). We are also delighted to include a review of the Imperial War Museum North by Dr Matthew Hughes (University of Salford). To find issues on other topics, go to our home page.
In this issue:
- articles: original articles about the history of war.
- websites: websites about war, reviewed by the In Focus editorial team.
- book reviews: reviews of major books on war.
- bibliography: key books on the history of war, listed by publisher, with book summaries and links to publishers' pages. Special offers are available to History in Focus readers on many of these books.
- research: details of PhD theses about war, and university teachers interested in this topic.
- more resources: extracts from Sources for the History of London 1939-45.
Don't forget: you can jump to other issues of History in Focus by using the menu on the top right of the page.