About the IHR library
The IHR library is a reference collection of published primary sources covering the history of Western Europe and its colonial history from the fifth century to the present.
Open to all history researchers, it is free to use for university staff and postgraduate students, with low cost membership available for other researchers.
Recent collection guides
- Baedeker guides: The only way to travel in Spain and Portugal
- A Biedermeier German Politician and his diary
- Labat's Travels in the West Indies
- Early modern Europe’s answer to the Times rich list?
- British West Indies slavery problem
- Seventeenth century history of the Dutch Wars
- Coronation ceremony in late medieval England
- Peerage claims in the IHR library
- David Douglas collection