This page gives information about inter-library loans and reproductions services, both for individuals and other libraries.
For IHR members
- The library can try to borrow or get copies of material if it is not readily available in London.
- Fees are charged for loans. An indicative price for a UK loan is £46 per volume (covering loan cost, return postage and an administrative charge). Exact prices can be obtained on application.
- IHR members may find it cheaper to use a public library or your own university library if you have one.
- IHR students and staff can arrange to be charged through their department.
For other libraries
- We do not lend items in our collection to other libraries, but may be able to provide photocopies (see below).
Copies of items from our collection
- We don't lend but can supply copies of chapters, articles or other extracts where copyright legislation allows.
- We will usually only be able to provide copies up to article/chapter length.
- Our charges for standard resolution images are in line with the British Library charges. Other reprographics orders are charged individually.
- Please ask for further information if you require permission to publish.
- Further details about our self-service copying facilities are available.
- Please contact us preferably by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your requirements.
For other libraries
- We charge in line with British Library charges and can accept payment through the British Library account system, using IFLA vouchers or by supplying a pro-forma invoice. To request items, please email email@example.com.
For information about licensing for non-private use of an image from our collections, please contact us with details of your requirements.
- IHR theses holdings: See further information about IHR theses collections. Requests for inter-library loans of University of London PhD theses should be made through the EThOS (Electronic Theses Online) service. Please ask for further information if you require an MA thesis.
- UK and World theses: Most UK theses are now only available through the EThOS (Electronic Theses Online) service, see further details of participating institutions. If one is not available there we may be able to arrange a loan. Please ask if you'd like to obtain a thesis from other countries- this may be possible and prices can be obtained on application.
For more information contact the library enquiry office, email: firstname.lastname@example.org; phone: 020 7862 8760.