Administrative Editor for History Workshop Journal
The Editorial Board of the History Workshop Journal is looking for a part-time administrator to manage the administrative and financial functions of the journal’s editorial process. The job involves an average of six hours’ work a week.
The post-holder will:
- distribute new editorial submissions to the editorial collective; collate editors’ reviews; maintain and update the log of all submissions with reviews; liaise with editors and contributors on the content of issues; and issue all rejection and acceptance letters;
- liaise with our publisher, Oxford University Press, on general matters and those pertaining to sales, distribution, and promotion;
- organise and attend meetings of the editorial collective (roughly every six weeks); prepare and distribute meeting minutes;
- attend to all matters pertaining to Journal finances, including all banking and bookkeeping; the payment of invoices; the preparation and submission of the monthly payroll and annual Journal accounts to our accountant; and play an active role in decisions regarding short- and long-term investments;
- prepare and submit the Journal’s annual report to the Charity Commission;
- liaise with authors, members of the editorial collective, publisher, accountants and the Charity Commission; regular collection of mail from the London PO Box.
We are looking for someone who:
- has administrative experience
- can work independently
- has good IT skills
- has experience of basic accounting
- can attend afternoon and occasional weekend meetings, usually in London
- has good oral and written communication skills
- is very organised
- has an interest in history
Applicants for the position should send a single Word or PDF document containing (i) a short CV (maximum 2pp), (ii) contact details of two referees, and (iii) cover letter (maximum 1p) outlining their experience and suitability for the position to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 24 October 2012.
Applicants will be contacted if they are shortlisted by 6 November. Interviews will held in central London on the afternoon of Wednesday 14 November.
Please direct all enquiries relating to this position in the first instance to Kathleen McIlvenna at email@example.com