2013 Fraenkel Prize in Contemporary History
Details of the Award
The Fraenkel Prize, sponsored by Mr. Ernst Fraenkel OBE, joint President of the Library and former Chairman, will be awarded for an outstanding work of twentieth-century history in one of The Wiener Library’s fields of interest, i.e. the history of Europe; Jewish history; the two world wars; antisemitism; comparative genocide and political extremism.
Two distinct awards will be made:
- For a completed, but unpublished book;
- Work by an author who has previously published one or more books;
- $6,000 prize money.
- For a completed but unpublished PhD thesis or equivalent. Please note that MA theses will not be admissible;
- $4,000 prize money.
The panel reserves the right not to consider any work that falls outside the specified subject areas or fails to meet entry requirements.
- Two, non-returnable, copies of the entry – one in manuscript printed double sided and bound, and one in electronic format (CD-ROM or file attachment as a PDF or MS Word document);
- The work must be written in English, French or German;
- A short curriculum vitae both in hard copy and as an electronic file;
- Please clearly state which Category the manuscript is to be entered for.
If you have any questions regarding your submission, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply for the Award
To enter the 2013 Fraenkel Prize in Contemporary History, please refer to the entry requirements above and send to:
The Wiener Library for the Study of the Holocaust and Genocide
29 Russell Square
London WC1B 5DP
Or by email to email@example.com.
Deadline for Entry
All entries must reach our office by 5.30pm on Tuesday 30 April 2013.
15 Jan 2013