Latest issue - November 2014
Articles include: ‘Britons, strike home’: politics, patriotism and popular song in British culture, c.1695–1900 by Martha Vandrei, looking at the history of Britain’s ‘other’ national anthem.
Latest virtual issue
The Great War 1914-18
A virtual issue commemorating the 100th anniversary of the First World War includes articles on Kitchener and that famous poster, war poetry and soldiers’ emotions.
Online early articles
- ‘Now the mask is taken off’: Jacobitism and colonial New England, 1702–27
- False traitors or worthy knights? Treason and rebellion against Edward II in the Scalacronica and the Anglo-Norman prose Brut chronicles
- Radical Geneva? The publication of Knox's First Blast of the Trumpet and Goodman's How Superior Powers Oght to be Obeyd in context
- The creation of the Council for Mutual Economic Assistance as seen from the Romanian archives
- Obstinate juries, impudent barristers and scandalous verdicts? Compensating the victims of the Gordon Riots of 1780 and the Priestley Riots of 1791. Jonathan Atherton
- Hagiography and Norman ducal genealogy in twelfth-century England. Ilya Afanasyev
- Religion, politics and patronage in the late Hanoverian navy, c.1780-c.1820. Gareth Atkins
- Recovering Charles I’s art collection: some implications of the 1660 Act of Indemnity and Oblivion. Andrew Barclay