Reconsidering the Raj- Lecture Series
11 Dec 2017, 18:00 to 10 Apr 2018, 19:30
IHR Wolfson Room NB01, Basement, IHR, Senate House, Malet Street, London WC1E 7HU
**The final lecture is now fully booked. If you would like to join the waiting list please email the IHR Events Office (firstname.lastname@example.org)**
Tuesday 10 April 2018: Independence and Partition
Panel discussion: Professor Joya Chatterji (focusing on India), Dr Farzana Shaikh (focusing on Pakistan) and Professor Ian Talbot (focusing on Britain). Victoria Schofield will act as moderator.
- Joya Chatterji is author of The Spoils of Partition, The Bengal Diaspora and Bengal Divided. She is Professor of South Asian History and Director of the Centre for South Asian Studies at Cambridge.
- Victoria Schofield is author of Kashmir in Conflict, Afghan Frontier, Wavell: Soldier and Statesman and Bhutto: Trial and Execution.
- Farzana Shaikh is author of Making Sense of Pakistan and Community and Consensus in Islam: Muslim Representation in Colonial India, 1860-1947. She is a specialist in the regional politics of South Asia. She is an Associate Fellow, Asia Programme, Chatham House.
- Ian Talbot is author of Pakistan: A New History, The Independence of India and Pakistan, The Partition of India and many others. He is Professor of Modern British History at Southampton.
Advance registration online for each lecture is required.
The lecture will be followed by a small wine reception
- General Admission: £7.50
- Concession rate (IHR Friends/ BACSA members/Students): £5.00
ContactIHR Events Office