IHR Fellowships and Fellows
The IHR will be closing at 5pm on Friday 14 June and will also be closed all day on Saturday 15 June.
The Fellows of the IHR are an essential part of the Institute’s vibrant research community. The IHR runs an extensive and prestigious programme of Fellowships, including those for Junior and Senior scholars, as well as offering a number of Prizes and bursaries to undertake historical research. Details of all IHR Fellowships, prizes and bursaries, and how and when to apply, are available in the left-hand panel of this page.
The IHR’s 22 Junior Fellows are specialists in British and world history, ancient to modern. Junior Fellowships enable holders to complete doctorates or undertake post-doctoral research, with fellowships available for between 6 months and 2 years.
The IHR’s 31 Senior Research Fellows have a distinguished record of scholarly achievement in historical research and the promotion of history as a discipline.
Apply for a fellowship
Applications for 2019-20 are now open.
Please get in touch with our Fellowships Officer Daly Sarcos for details of competition opening dates, or with any other questions.
Meet the Junior Fellows
- Eliana Hadjisavvas (Jewish History Fellow), 'Migrant Movements in the Mediterranean: The Holocaust and the British Empire, 1940-1950'
- Hannah Robb (EHS Fellow), 'Reconfiguring the Role of Credit in the Archdiocese of York in the Fifteenth Century'
- Mohamad El-Merheb (Scouloudi Fellow), 'Islamic Political Thought: Competing Conceptions of the Rule of Law in the Middle Period'
Prizes and bursaries
The IHR awards prizes and bursaries for research, travel, picture research, and to acknowledge excellence in publishing.
We now invite applications for the following IHR prizes and bursaries:
- Sir John Neale Prize in Early Modern British History
- The Annual Pollard Prize (sponsored by Wiley-Blackwell Publishing Ltd.)
- Scouloudi Historical Awards: Research Awards
- Scouloudi Historical Awards: Publication Awards
- Elaine Paintin Memorial Fund
- The Veale-Straschnov Award for Doctoral Historical Research for Mature Students