The IHR library's collections focus on published primary sources, and the main coverage here is the official records of Parliament, and edited versions. We also hold a substantial collection of guides, bibliographies, periodicals and reference works, including biographical material.
The material is located within the following classmarks in the library. A double letter BB indicates a folio-sized item which are shelved in a separate sequence:
- B.0 British Bibliographies (especially B.044)
- B.2 Collective Biography (especially B.232 Parliamentary biography)
- B.4 British Parliamentary History, including B.401 (Records), B.402 (Secondary works), B.43 Elections and Electoral Reform and B.47 Parliamentary Rights and Procedures
- B.71 Parliamentary records
- B.9 Periodicals
- B.999 Parliamentary Debates
Some of our material is in closed-access, and can be ordered in advance- see further details.