SRS Postdoctoral Fellowships 2019
The Society for Renaissance Studies invites applications for its Postdoctoral Fellowships, which support research in all aspects of Renaissance studies. There will be two Postdoctoral Fellowships awarded in the academic year 2019-20, each worth £9500.
- Applicants must be graduates of British or Irish universities, and currently engaged in full-time research, part-time teaching or independent scholarship.
- Applicants must either already have been awarded their PhD (from a British or Irish university) no more than five years before 1 October 2019, or have been provisionally awarded their PhD by 31 May 2019, subject to no more than minor corrections. (These corrections must be due to be completed and accepted by the awarding university no later than 1 October 2019, and applicants applying before their PhD has been passed will need to provide evidence of the status of their PhD when applying).
- In normal circumstances, such Fellowships should not be held in conjunction with a postdoctoral or academic teaching post which is for more than 60% of a full-time post. Conditions:
- The period of tenure is twelve months from 1 October 2019.
- Fellows are required to become members of the SRS and will be invited to attend meetings of the Society s Council.
- Fellows will be asked to present their findings at the end of the period of award, and to submit a written report for publication in the Society s Bulletin
- Fellows must name the Society for Renaissance Studies in their affiliation in any publications and conference papers presenting the research.
- There are no specific residence requirements for successful applicants taking up a Fellowship.
30 April 2019. For full details and to make an application, visit http://www.rensoc.org.uk/funding/fellowships/postdoctoral