Are you someone who values the importance of history in our society and wishes to be part of building its future? Would you like to make a difference to the UK’s national centre for history at a time of real and exciting change? Can you offer your expertise and guidance and open doors that enable a strong future for history? Join the IHR Trust and contribute to fundraising for the future of the discipline.
There are currently four vacancies. The term of office is five years (renewable once) and can be taken up immediately or at an agreed future date. We are seeking individuals from the UK and worldwide and applicants should possess one or more of the following attributes:
- Passion and respect for history and its vital role in education and policy
- Experience of fundraising in not-for-profit/charity/third sector or of grant making on behalf of educational or cultural entities
- Experience of strategies to diversify audiences
- Knowledge of entities, charitable trusts, or individuals, who may be interested is supporting the IHR
- Financial, investment or legal expertise relevant to a charitable trust.
If you believe that the understanding, promotion, and study of history have never been more keenly needed and that you can offer guidance and open doors for us, then we would like to hear from you. You will use these skills to help grow our income, widen our networks, and champion the importance of history and historians at this exciting time for the IHR. We particularly encourage applications from underrepresented groups and communities.
The closing date for completed applications is 23:59 on Friday 1 December 2023.