Supporting VCH Oxfordshire
The VCH Oxfordshire project relies predominantly on local fundraising. The Victoria County History of Oxfordshire Trust is an independent and voluntary charitable body set up in 1997 to raise funds for the project's completion, and since 2011 has been our primary source of income. Working in partnership with Oxfordshire County Council and with the Universities of Oxford and London, it directly supports the research and writing.
For more information, or to make a donation, contact the Treasurer Mr Michael Heaton by email or at: 48 High Street, Wheatley, Oxon. OX33 1XX.
Alternatively, download a Gift Aid form or Standing Order form (see links at bottom of page) and return them to the Treasurer at the same address. If you are a UK taxpayer, donating by gift aid will increase the benefit to the VCH at no additional cost to you. Regular donations by Standing Order help the Trust to plan ahead, although one-off donations are also very welcome.
All donations, whether large or small, are used directly in support of the Oxfordshire VCH's research and publication programme, and donors are acknowledged in the volume(s) to which they have contributed unless they prefer to remain anonymous. In addition, you will receive the VCH Oxfordshire Trust's periodic Newsletter, and invitations to Trust events including the annual Christmas lecture and reception.
The Trust's activities include:
- Applying to individuals, corporations, and charities for funds to support the VCH Oxfordshire project
- Organising fundraising events
- Holding events for donors, including an annual Christmas lecture and reception in Oxford
- Producing a periodic Newsletter
- Monitoring the VCH's progress at regular Trust meetings
- Co-organizing book launches, such as those for Volume XVIII at Rycote Park and XIX at Bruern Abbey.
For further information on Trustees and objectives, or for recent financial reports, see the Charity Commission website.